Shakshuka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, pepper and onions which is often spiced with cumin. Watch and learn this simple and quick breakfast recipe with Chef Varun Inamdar only on Get Curried.
1 tbsp oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups tomatoes (puree)
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
Salt to taste
5-6 nos eggs
Crushed pepper as required
1/2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
– Firstly blend tomatoes in a blender.
– Strain the tomato puree in order to get rid of the seeds and skin.
– Heat oil in a pan and add onion, red bell pepper and minced garlic. Mix them well.
– Add the tomato puree. Mix well.
– Add chilli powder, mixed herbs, salt, cumin powder and sugar.
– Allow it to cook for 10 to 12 minutes on a low flame.
– Break the eggs and place them carefully.
– Allow the eggs to cook. Sprinkle oil if needed.
– You may cover it with a lid so as to cook the eggs.
– Add chopped parsley (optional)
– Sprinkle crushed black pepper over it.
Host: Varun Inamdar
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurrie…
Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, onion and garlic, and commonly spiced with cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg. The dish has existed in Mediterranean cultures for centuries.