Ingredients for Chettinad Chicken Fry:
– Chicken curry cut with bones- 500 gms
Chettinad Masala Powder:
– Coriander Seeds- 1 tbsp
– Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
– Black Peppercorns- 1/2 tsp (around 20 nos)
– Fennel seeds (Saunf)- 1 tsp
– Cinnamon- 1(1” piece)
– Cloves- 5
– Green Cardamom- 4
– Star Anise- 1
– Mace (Javitri)- 1 flower
– Dried Red Chillies- 5-6
– Curry Leaves- 15-20 nos
– Green Chillies- 2-3 sliced
– Shallots- 100 gms after peeling
– Crushed Ginger- 2 tsp
– Crushed Garlic- 2 tsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Coriander leaves, chopped for garnish- 2 tbsp
– Soak the shallots in water for around 30 mins so that it’s easier to peel the skin.
– Dry roast all the items for the Chettinad Masala powder in a pan on low heat for around 3 mins. Remove onto a plate and allow it to cool. Grind it into a fine powder and set aside.
– Slice the green chillies and chop the coriander leaves.
– Heat oil in a wok or kadhai and add the shallots.
– Fry the shallots for 3 mins on medium heat till they are little soft.
– Now add the green chillies and curry leaves. Continue to fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
– Add the crushed ginger and garlic, give a mix and continue to fry on medium heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the chicken pieces and the turmeric, give a mix and fry on high heat for 2-3 mins till the chicken is browned.
– Now add salt, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for 15 mins. Remove the lid 1-2 times in between and give a stir.
– After 15 mins, remove the lid and add the Chettinad Masala Powder. Mix well and continue frying on low heat for around 5 mins.
– Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot .
#chettinadchickenfry #chettinadmasalachicken #chickenfryrecipe #chickenfry #masalachickenfry #simpleandspicychickenfry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken