Ingredients for Chicken Kali Mirch:
– Chicken, large pieces with bones – 500 gms
For the Marination:
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Crushed Black Pepper- 1 tsp
– Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
Onion-Cashew Paste: (To be fried and then made into a paste)
– Onion, sliced- 2 small (100 gms)
– Ginger, chopped- 1” piece (8-9 gms)
– Garlic cloves- 6-7(8-9 gms)
– Green Chillies- 2-3 (8-9 gms)
– Cashew nuts- 8
– Green Cardamom- 3
– Cloves- 3
– Cinnamon- 2 pieces
– Whisked Yogurt- 3 tbsp whisked and then 3 tbsp water added
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Crushed Pepper- 1 tsp
– Kasuri Methi (Fenugreek Leaves)- 2 tsp
– Salt for seasoning- 1/2 tsp
– Slice the onions, peel the ginger and garlic & chop the ginger. Cut the green chillies to pieces.
– Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for 4 mins till the onions are soft and translucent.
– Add the chopped ginger and garlic and keep frying on medium heat for 1 min.
– Now add the cashew nuts and cut green chillies. Mix and fry on low heat for another minute.
– Remove onto a plate and allow to cool.
– To blend, add the items to a blender/grinder and coarse grind it. Now add 3 tbsp water and blend it into a smooth paste.
– Whisk the curd/plain yogurt till smooth and then add 3 tbsp water. Give a mix and set aside.
– Dry roast the Kasuri Methi, set aside and crush it with your hand.
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and place the marinated chicken pieces side by side. Fry on high heat for 2 mins and then turn and continue to fry for 2 mins on the other side.
– Continue to fry on medium heat for another 2-3 mins turning the chicken pieces till the pieces are uniformly browned.
– Now take another pan and heat 2 tbsp oil.
– Add the whole spices and allow it to splutter.
– Give a stir and keeping the heat on low, add the paste blended earlier.
– Stir and fry on low heat for 6-7 mins till oil separates.
– Add the fried chicken pieces, mix and fry on medium to low heat for 2-3 mins.
– Reduce the heat to low and add the whisked curd/yogurt (mixed with water), the garam masala powder and salt to season.
– Stir and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Now add 150 ml water, mix and cover & cook on low heat for 10 mins till chicken pieces are tender.
– Open the lid and sprinkle the crushed pepper and Kasuri Methi. Mix and simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
#chickenkalimirch #blackpepperchicken #murghkalimirch #pepperchickenrecipe #kalimirchchicken #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken #chickenrecipe