Brunch. So, is it breakfast or lunch? It’s a little bit of both and a great time to entertain! Tracy Metro for the Kraft Kitchens shares recipes and creative ideas for throwing a classic Sunday brunch.
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup each: chopped onions and broccoli
1/3 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
1/3 cup milk
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9 inch)
1. PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Place vegetables in skillet sprayed with cooking spray; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. BEAT eggs, dressing and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in vegetable mixture and cheese; pour into pie shell. Place pie shell on baking sheet.
3. BAKE on baking sheet 40 to 45 min. or until center of quiche is set and top is golden brown. Let stand 10 min. before cutting into slices to serve.
Serve this easy-to-make any-night quiche with a mixed salad to round out the meal.
For extra color, add 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers to filling before pouring into pie shell.
Layered Cobb Salad
6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 large avocado, chopped
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1. LAYER first 5 ingredients in bowl.
2. SPREAD dressing over top of salad to seal; top with cheese and bacon.
3. REFRIGERATE 1 hour.
-Prepare using a rotisserie chicken purchased from the grocery store.
-Substitute KRAFT Blue Cheese Crumbles for the Cheddar.
-Salad can be stored in refrigerator up to 24 hours before serving.
Simple Sautéed Asparagus, Peppers & Onions
1/2 cup KRAFT GOOD SEASONS Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
1 small yellow pepper, cut into strips
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/4 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. HEAT 1/4 cup dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in peppers and onions; cook 3 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
2. ADD asparagus and remaining dressing; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low heat 5 to 7 min. or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
3. SERVE topped with cheese.
Moist Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating until well blended after each addition.
2. MIX pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon half of the pecan mixture into greased 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan; top with half of the cake batter. Repeat layers.
3.BAKE 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Loosen cake from side of pan with spatula or knife. Invert cake onto wire rack; gently remove pan. Cool completely.
-This recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 cakes. Why not bake one to give to friends and keep one for your family? Just prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and using 2 cake pans. Makes 48 servings.
1 pkg. (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup blueberries, divided
1. PREHEAT oven to 375ºF. Unroll dough into four rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal.
2. COMBINE Neufchatel and sugar; spread onto dough rectangles to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top evenly with blueberries. Bring opposite corners of rectangles together; press together to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. BAKE 11 to 13 min. or until golden brown.
-You’ll know it’s a special occasion when you enjoy a serving of these warm, cheesy rolls.
-Substitute 1/2 cup chopped red or green apples and 2 Tbsp. raisins for the blueberries.
-Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sifted powdered sugar just before serving.
easy brunch recipes
sunday brunch menu ideas
easy brunch ideas
breakfast brunch recipes
brunch menus and recipes