Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 60 minutes
3 medium eggs
165 g 1+1/4 cup brown sugar, for refined sugar free version use 450 g (1+1/3 cups) molasses
1 cup olive oil, 250 ml, or any oil like grape seed, hazelnut
50 ml milk, 1/5 cup
5 tablespoon molasses, grape, mulberry or carob molasses al would do great
380 g all-purpose flour, 2 + ¾ cup + extra for dusting
½ vanilla pod, split and scraped or 1 levelled teaspoon (5 g) vanillin
10 cardamom pod
2 tablespoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
A pinch of teaspoon salt
4 handfuls walnut
4 Amasya apples, you can use 4 small apples, diced (peel the apples if they are waxed)
Ice cream, for topping
• Preheat the oven to 180 °C (355 °F) on upper and lower heat without fan. Grease the cake tin and dust with flour.
• Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the brown sugar and the salt. Beat them with a mixer until pale, light and fluffy or tripled in volume. Also known as ribbon stage. If making refined sugar free version beat the eggs with salt until tripled in volume.
• Then it is time for the liquid ingredients. Pour in the olive oil, molasses, and milk, then continue mixing to combine.
• Crack the cardamom pods using a pestle and ground the seeds in a mortar. Scrape the vanilla beans from the pod.
• Add the cardamom, vanilla beans, cinnamon, and sift in the flour to wet ingredients and gently mix – but be careful not to over mix.
• The secret of this cake is to apples cut into large pieces. Because apples keep the cake soft and moist.
• Pour ½ the batter into a greased cake tin. Sprinkle evenly with apple and walnut pieces. Top with remaining batter. Arrange the apple and walnut in a single layer on top.
• Arrange the rack to second shelf from the bottom. Place in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
• Don’t worry about it being a little wet inside because it is what it is. Apples will keep them moist and delicious. Take out from the oven and let it rest at least 20 minutes.
• Enjoy the cake and winter! Serve with coffee or with your favourite ice cream- Turkish ice cream would be great- and a little molasses.
CHECK OUT OUR ETSY SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Refikadan
►SUBSCRIBE ► ►► https://bit.ly/38QQ03R
►CHECK OUT OUR TURKISH CHANNEL ► ►► https://bit.ly/2EJ0NU3
►CHECK OUT OUR TURKISH VIDEOS W/ ENGLISH SUBTITLES ► ►► https://bit.ly/2G62xHD
►Our Etsy Store for International Shopping: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Refikadan
►Our Amazon Store for UK Shopping: https://amzn.to/2STqQzz
►Uluslararası Alışverişler İçin Etsy Sayfamız: https://etsy.me/32ShQwL
►To subscribe our Turkish channel: http://bit.ly/RefikaninYemekOkulu
To follow what is happening in our kitchen and cooking school;
►The handcraft products that we use in our kitchen: https://goo.gl/0aKsMW